2. By Kyoto City Subway
If you take Kyoto City Subway for Philosopher’s Walk, it will save time to move and beat the traffic jam.
It takes 17 minutes from Kyoto station to the nearest station, Keage.
From Keage station, it takes about 15 minutes’ walk to the south end of the walk (near Kumano-Nyakuoji shrine).
The fare is ¥260.
The followings are the detail.
2-1 From Kyoto Station to Keage Station via Karasuma-Oike
At Kyoto station, take Subway Karasuma line train (departing from track 2) bound for Kokusai-kaikan.
And then, transfer at Karasuma-Oike station to Subway Tozai line train.
All trains departing from track 2 go to Keage station.
2-2 The Way to the South End of the Philosopher’s Walk from Keage Station
From Keage station, it takes about 15 minutes’ walk to the south end of the Philosopher’s Walk.
I’ll show you one of the shorter ways from Keage station.
1. Get out of the Exit 1 at Keage Station
2. Walk down along the Street
3. Walk through the tunnel on your right.
4. Before the gate, turn right. Then, Nanzenji Temple.
5. Walk along the Nanzenji temple, turn right.
6. Go past the Eikando Temple, and turn right.
7. Walk in 3 minutes, finally the south end of the Philosopher’s Walk.
2-3 Route Map for Philosopher’s Walk by Subway
The map below is the route map from Kyoto station to Philosopher’s Walk by Kyoto City Subway plus walk.
Please check, if necessary.