2. By JR Train
If you take JR train (Sagano line) for Arashiyama, it will save time to move.
It takes just 16 minutes by local train or 12 minutes by rapid train from Kyoto station.
The trains depart from track 32 or 33 at Kyoto station, operate almost every 15 minutes.
The fare is ¥240.
It takes about 12 minutes walk from JR Saga-Arashiyama station to Togetsukyo Buridge, the center of Arashiyama.
2-1 The Way to the Center of Arashiyama Area from JR Saga-Arashiyama station
JR Saga-Arashiyama station is located a little bit away from the center of Arashiyama area such as Arashiyama Park or Togetsukyo Bridge. (But just 12 minutes’ walk)
So I’ll show you one of the ways from JR Saga-Arashiyama station.
1. Get out of the South Exit at JR Saga-Arashiyama Station
2. Keep Walking along the Street
3. Before Keifuku Railway Crossing, Turn Right.
4. Walk Straight in 5 minutes, Turn Left at the end (before Tenryuji temple)
5. Go past the Randen (Keifuku Railway) Arashiyama Station, Finally Togetsukyo Bridge !
2-2 Route Map for Arashiyama by JR Train
The map below is the route map from Kyoto station to Arashiyama by JR train.
Please check, if necessary.